• Along with MNPS, Apollo has implemented more rigorous standards in Math, Reading/Language Arts, and Science in order to better prepare students for the future. In addition to these rigorous standards, Apollo and MNPS will be transitioning to the national Common Core Standards.
• So that teachers can effectively deliver targeted instruction, Apollo uses high-quality school data to drive the decision making process. All teachers receive training in using the district’s data warehouse.
• Teachers and administrators work together as an effective leadership team comprised of representatives across all grade levels and disciplines to deliver shared leadership throughout the school.
• The use of technology in the classroom in conjunction with best teaching practices allows teachers to deliver better instruction in order to improve students’ academic performance.
• Apollo has also formed a partnership with Tribal and will be following their international school reform model.
• Apollo is working closely with its families to encourage active participation and involvement at school through parent events and support groups.
For more information about MNPS and Apollo Middle School improvement efforts, please click here.